If you get an error message when installing Promethean software please follow the steps below to resolve this issue.
- Make sure you are logged on to the machine you are installing the software on as an Administrator.
- Empty the Temp folder; this can be accessed to by going to the Start menu and clicking Run, and then typing %TEMP% in the command box. Click OK or hit Enter. Delete the contents of the Temp folder.
- Run regfiles.vbs from the program folder. This is in C:\Program Files\ACTIV Software\ by default for Promethean software.
- It may be that you already have a copy of the software on your computer and it is in a corrupt state. Please try to manually uninstall the software and then attempt the installation again.
- If you cannot resolve this issue follow this link for further assistance http://consumer.installshield.com or contact Promethean Technical Customer Support.